In this installment of Coach Meuschke’s inspirational tidbits, we are going to learn about positive thinking.
THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING
- If you think in negative terms, you will get negative results.
- If you think in positive terms, you will achieve positive results.
- In three words – BELIEVE AND ACHIEVE.
EXPECT THE BEST AND GET IT
- When the entire concentration of all your forces – physical, emotional and spiritual is brought to bear, the consolidation of these powers are quite irresistible.
- Expecting the best means that you put your whole heart (the central essence of your personality) into what you want to accomplish.
- People are defeated in life not because of lack of ability, but for lack of wholeheartedness. They do not wholeheartedly expect to succeed. Their heart is not in, which is to say they themselves are not fully given.
- Results do not yield themselves to the person who refuses to give themself to a desired result.
THE ROUGH IS ONLY MENTAL – I THINK VICTORY – I GET VICTORY
- I believe I am always divinely guided.
- I believe I will always take the right turn off the road
- I believe God will always make a way where there is none
- Believe that Almighty God has put you in the power to lift yourself out of the rough by keeping your eye firmly fixed on the source of your power
- Affirm yourself that through this power you can do anything you have to
HOW TO STAND AN OBSTACLE
- Just stand up to it, that is all.
- Don’t give away to it, and it will finally break.
- You will break it.
- Something has to break, and it won’t be you, it will be the obstacle.
- You can do this when you have faith, faith in God and faith in yourself. Faith is the chief quality you need. It is enough, in fact, it is more than enough.
- You can say to yourself under any and all circumstances and mean it, “I do not believe in defeat.”
THE POWER OF FAITH
- The power of faith is so tremendous that there is nothing that Almighty God cannot do for us, with, or through us if we let Him channel His power through our minds.
- Every day as you confront the problems of life, I suggest that you affirm as follows: “I believe God gives me power to attain what I really want.”
- Never mention the worst; never think on it; drop it out of the conscious.
Wow. It continues to boggle my mind at the wisdom and truth that my father had the courage to speak into young men and women’s lives as their high school coach.
I had the privilege to return back to my alma mater and play in an alumni basketball game this past November. The game was fun and seeing a bunch of old friends, teachers and coaches was incredible, but the highlight of that night was hearing from so many of my dad’s former players tell me the impact he had on their lives. It was humbling and one of the most proud moments of my life to be able to call myself their son. I say “their son” because there are 2 incredible parents that poured into my life and the life of the community we lived. She also impacted lives and continues to this day to stay in touch with so many people from our home town and state.
I only wish that today’s coach’s out there would have the willingness and courage to speak into young people in such a way that plugs them into a relationship with the Lord as their source of security, worth and as their foundation as they move through life.
Most schools are lucky to have 1 coach who can impact a student body, team and community… In 1975, 2 young men came on board at the school, 1 being my father, the other being Coach Barry Koeneke who coached baseball. He is still there and still coaching! Check out this piece the local news did on him recently:
Congratulations Coach K!