I wondered why…
- there are so many who want to build up the weak by tearing down the strong.
- is it that so many non-attainers are very quick to explain and belittle the strong.
- there are so many who cannot seem to realize that winners are usually the ones who merely execute better, at least on that particular day.
- is it so difficult to realize that you cannot antagonize and influence at the same time.
- is it that we are so slow to understand that failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
- can’t we realize that it only weakens those we want to help when we do things for them that they should do themselves.
- it is so easy to complain about the things we do not have, than to make the most of what we do have.
- is it that we often permit emotion, rather than reason, control our decision.
- is it so difficult to realize, at times, that nothing we can do will change the past, and the only way to effect the future is by what we do now.
- is it so much easier to give others the blame than it is to give them the credit.
- Is it that many who are quick to make suggestions find it difficult to make decisions.
- don’t we realize that others are certain to listen to us if first we listen to them.
- aren’t we more interested in finding the best way rather than having our own way.
- is it so difficult to develop the feeling that those under our supervision are working with us, not for us.
- is it much easier to be a critic than a model.
- is it so hard to disagree without being disagreeable.
- can’t we understand that all progress comes through change even though all change may not be progress.
- is it that we often forget that big things are accomplished by perfection to minor details
- do we dread adversity so much, when facing it is the only way to become stronger.
- can’t we motivate ourselves when we know that results come through motivation.
- Coach John Wooden UCLA
- Taken from the Varsity Boys Basketball Season binder created by Coach Jerry Meuschke
I hope you have enjoyed and taken something from the binder entries that I have shared from my Dad. This is the last entry from the binder.
Comment below and let me know if you have wondered any of the above yourself!